Telangana: Missing for 25 days, | Hyderabad News Today


HYDERABAD: It is going to be a new challenge to the police searching for the missing Indian Army jawan with the turn of the month.
With his monthly salary expected to be deposited in his account, police are now literally keeping their fingers crossed on what his move would be.
B Sai Kiran Reddy of Siddipet district went missing on December 6.
He withdrew all his money and also the small amounts that his family has been depositing just so that he does not find it difficult to survive. But now with his salary expected to be credited into his account from the Army, the jawan will have access to more money. What has become unpredictable is what he will do with that.
Will he continue to be in Telangana as he has been over the last 20 days, as he has been in hiding? Or make a large withdrawal to travel somewhere else? It could also be possible that he could make use of the money to pay for his stay wherever he will. Police are keeping their fingers crossed on his next move.
“We are sparing no effort to trace him. We have been tracking every movement and we are getting to know where he is withdrawing money. But he has been elusive as it appears he has deliberately been trying to hide. He has neither reported for work at Faridkot at his unit nor contacted his family or friends,” Husnabad ACP Satish told TOI.
The 21-year-old jawan Sai Kiran Reddy of Pothireddypalli in Cheriyal of Siddipet left Hyderabad by flight to Delhi on December 5.
The following day he was supposed to report at his unit in Faridkot but got down the train at Bathinda and took a cab back to Delhi. He then surfaced in Telangana.
Police have found that he withdrew money in Karimnagar, Narsampet in Warangal.
The last trace was in Bhadrachalam where he withdrew even small amounts which the family had deposited for his sustenance at the suggestion of the police.



Source link

Tagged : / / / / / / / / /

4 Killed In Landslide, Several Feared – Latest news headlines


The workers were reportedly travelling to another site when the landslide took place.

Chandigarh:

At least four people have died and several others are feared trapped following a landslide in a mining zone in Haryana’s Bhiwani district on Saturday. The district administration has launched a rescue operation at the Dadam mining zone in Tosham block.

Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar tweeted to say that he is in constant touch with the local administration to ensure swift rescue operations and immediate assistance to the injured.

The workers were reportedly travelling to another site when the landslide took place and they got trapped in their vehicles.

“I am deeply saddened by the accident at the mining site in Bhiwani district of Haryana. The administration is conducting a rescue operation. A SDRF team has been called from Madhuban and  a NDRF team from Ghaziabad. An army unit has been called from Hisar. So far four people have died,” said Haryana minister Anil Vij.

Agriculture Minister JP Dalal has reached the site to oversee the rescue operation. “A few people have lost their lives and three persons have been taken to a hospital. According to the mining contractor here, there could be three-four more people trapped inside,” he said.

Union Home Minister Amit Shah has expressed grief over the unit and said he has spoken to the chief minister.

“The accident due to a landslide at a mining site in Bhiwani district of Haryana is very sad. I have spoken to Chief Minister @mlkhattar. The local administration is engaged in rescue work, and our priority is to save as many lives as possible. I wish the injured a speedy recovery (sic),” he said in a tweet.

Mining activities have been taking place on a large scale in Dadam mining area and Khanak Pahari after the National Green Tribunal lifted its ban on mining work in the area. The two-month ban, imposed by the green court due to pollution, was lifted on Thursday and the mining work resumed only on Friday.



Source link

Tagged : / / / / / / / /