How to add comments in excel cells?
- Right Click on the cell where you would like to add a comment
- A yellow box open’s put the comment you would like to show in the comment box
- Click outside of the comment box. That’s it.
- To make visible comment box in cell, right-click in cell and select show/hide comment option.
- To make an invisible comment box in cell, right-click in the cell and select the hide comment option.
How to delete comments in excel cells?
- To delete the comment in excel cells
- Right-click on a cell in which comment is available
- You will see an option called delete comment
- Click on the delete comment button. That’s it.
- The comment will get deleted from the cell.
How to hide all comments in excel at once?
- Let’s discuss, how to hide all comments in excel at once
- There are two ways to hide all comments in excel at once.
- The first step is to go to the ‘Review Tab’.
- ‘Review Tab’ has an option called comments. Check the below image.
- From the comment section, you can Show / Hide comment in excel
- Second Option or Method to Show / Hide Comments in Excel.
- Press ALT+F10 (Only works in 2010 and later versions). Check below image
- Once you press the ALT+F10 button a dialogue box appears at the right side
- All comments listed in that dialogue box you can choose which comment you want to invisible (hide).
- You can show/hide all comments from this dialogue box select option from the bottom as per your requirements.
Few important things to remember about excel comments.
- To know a cell with embedded (inserted) comments are highlighted with a tiny red triangle in the upper right side of a cell.
- Whenever a user hovers on the cell with a comment, the user will be able to see that comment.
- Shift + F2 is a Short cut to insert a comment in excel sheet cell
- You can copy-paste only comment with an option called paste special and select option ‘comments’
- You can go to previous and next comment from the review tab option
- You can place comments anywhere in the excel sheet by dragging it.
- In the comment box, we can change the text to bold or italic and we can underline a text we want to underline in the comment box.